What is the Dunwich (Goompi) Master Plan?
The Dunwich (Goompi) Master Plan is one of the Queensland Government’s 23 Economic Transition Strategy projects on North Stradbroke Island (Minjerribah). The master plan aims to:
- identify areas for future residential, commercial, community, environmental and industrial land uses
- explore ways to better tell the Quandamooka story to visitors
- identify necessary upgrades to infrastructure and services to improve liveability
- acknowledge and respect cultural, social and environmental values
- enhance the town's role and appeal as a tourism-friendly destination and gateway to North Stradbroke Island (Minjerribah)
Who is preparing the master plan?
How can the community get involved?
Community involvement is an important part of the master plan.
At each stage of the project, the Queensland Government will ensure the local community is actively involved in the planning process.
During Stage 1 of the project, a variety of community consultation opportunities were conducted in October 2018. These included:
- Traditional Owner workshop (6 October 2018)
- drop-in sessions for all community members (11, 12 & 13 October 2018)
- online survey (from 1 October - 26 October 2018)
- one-on-one engagement with key stakeholders
The community will also be invited to participate in consultation events during project stages 2 and 3.